We Are Committed to Giving This Historic Building the Grandeur it Deserves. Your Support is Invaluable.
Momentum Continues to Build. Briefing to Legal Community Tops this Week’s Events.
This past Wednesday, our team hosted over 100 attorneys for an informational breakfast at the Windsor Court. The goal was to introduce the Carpenter Woodward Development Team, present an overview of the project benefits, and provide a briefing on the status of the litigation. During the event:
Team Members discussed the economic benefits of this project to the City and State
- Over $15 million a year in tax revenue to the City and State
- 1600 Construction Jobs
- 450 Permanent Jobs
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minimum 35% DBE participation
- 2,000 good paying construction and permanent jobs
- Training and opportunities to grow
- Financing and mentoring that will have a lasting impact for our community
No Right of Action Hearing Scheduled for June 1.
On June 1, Civil Court Judge Tiffany Chase will hear a motion to dismiss Two Canal Street Investors lawsuit.
The facts are:
- Stuart “Neil” Fisher of Palm Beach, Fla., bought Two Canal Street Investors, a shell corporation, for $10
- Stuart “Neil” Fisher then sued the City of New Orleans
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously upheld Judge Chase’s decision.
- “NOBC through the Selection Committee reasonably assessed the submissions…
- “the Lease Agreement with Carpenter/Woodward provides a fair and equitable return of revenue to the City”
- “A potential delay in this development continues to allow an enormous public asset to lie dormant and not generate any revenue for the City.”